The festive season is always assumed as a memorable time when people enjoy and are busy excluding old clothes and end up with new items in their wardrobe. With the purchase of new clothes, the requirement of more space comes in the wardrobe. It is important to scale up the closet with an adorable collection of actual wear. What can be done with the old clothes that are present in the wardrobe and need to get replaced? The clothes that are donated are ripped, faded, or stained to get donated.
- Consider repairing it: Before one concludes that what needs to be done with the old pair of t-shirts or jeans that cannot be worn again and is beyond repair. Try out different stain removers and washing techniques to removes the stubborn stains from the clothes. One can even test the sewing skills or make use of sewing skills to stitch the torn clothes and make adjustmentsto the patches.
- Become creative: In case the old clothes are beyond repair then one can try out their creative skill. If there is print or design on a shirt or dress then one can cut it down the fabric and frameit. One could sew an assortment of fabric along with various old clothing for the creation of an electric blanket which acts as a thoughtful gift or tool.
- Process it to fabric recycler: Textile Recycling in Melbourne is another option to dispose of unwanted clothing. There are many charitable recycling organizations which are specialized in recycling clothes that can be discovered in the nearest place. Howsoever, most people are inclined toward a commercial type of fabric but everyone should tryout a shot.
- Upcycle the fabric: There is a huge proportion of creative things that can upcycle unwanted clothing. This fabric can turn into old rags for cleaning, sewing of the cushion cover, usedas pet bedding. This clothing is donated to the mechanic to further get used as a rag or animal shelter. Older clothes can be used to prepare rugs. Therefore, old clothes are highly accepted in textile recycling in Sydney.
How to reduce clothing wastage?
There areseveral ways to dispose of old clothing and textiles that are inthe worst condition. When someone selects to reuse or recycle the clothes, these can be collected in the bin of the organizations associated with the textile recycling in Sydney. There are many ways to ensure old clothes avoiding landfills. This is the best approach that could change the shopping habit to natural fibers that are compostable in choosing slow fashion way.
- Select natural fibers: The best way to reduce the wastage of clothing is to ensure the selection of natural material. Once the fabric becomes non usable, it can be processed to composting. There area lot of benefits related to composting old clothing that is not underestimated.
- Build capsule wardrobe: Essential component to cut down the cloth wasting is a capsule wardrobe for uncountable things. A capsule wardrobe allows one to remain covered and even minimize unnecessary purchases.